Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Morning

Goodmorning,
 I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was very relaxing. I spent the four days off puttering around the house, organizing the basement, cooking and working on Christmas presents. Boring to some but, my favorite way to spend a weekend.
 I made a few things this weekend. I am making blankets for all four of the babies in my nursery, this is the second one I have finished.
I am also making gifts for the girls that help me in my room. This scarf is a fun project and took about an hour to make. The hook is huge, P 15, and the yarn is Super Bulky, a 6.

The hat is 8 hdc in a sliding ring and then increase until you get it big enough. Then work several rows with out increases. I will write a tutorial for it and the flower. I will also write a tutorial for the blanket. I did the center differently than any patterns I could find. I don't like the foundation chain to show through, like it does on most Granny rectangles. The solution was simple but, still took me a little while to figure out.
 Back to work today. I am ready, we are now officially in Christmas season, I am at least. Lol. I love this time of the year so much. I already decorated my house, I will post photos. My camera is charging and it is still dark anyway. Four short weeks until Christmas week. I love it. I still have a lot of things to finish making but, I love that too.
 I will talk to everyone later. Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I must say that your upbeat and generous personality just shone brightly in this post! You are so nice to make those gifts, and I'm so impressed your got all your decorating done already! And that adorable little girl of yours is such a cute model!
    ****************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat and scarf & cute blanket too

    ReplyDelete