Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Knit TA DAH

Hello,
 I have been having a nice New Year's Day. I got up and made my coffee and finished my first ever knitted project. It was just knit and purl. I didn't follow a pattern or anything, I just very badly wanted to finally finish something that I had knitted. I used two skeins each of Lion Brand Yarn Hometown USA in Honolulu Pink and LA Tan. I cast on 24 and knit the first four rows and then alternated knit rows with purl rows. The last four rows of the scarf were all knit too. Here it is...
I have to say that I am pretty happy with how it turned out. A while back I saw a scarf I really liked and I am going to make another scarf like this one. I like the one Alice made because it won't roll up. This pink and cream one is already a tube. I don't mind too much. It is warm and I wore it out for a walk this morning. It is not even in the double digits (F) yet and the scarf was soft and warm.
 After I do a few chores I am pulling out the Granny Love Blanket and setting to finishing it up. It is in a big plastic tote in the basement. Then, when that is finished I am going to work on new projects. Yay! I like having finished projects and being guilt free to start new ones. I hope everyone is having a Happy New Year! Talk to you soon. :)

P.S. Yes, there are still some Christmas presents in that one photo. We still have our big family party to go to.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kashi.

    Love your scarf - I have been knitting quite a bit recently, makes a nice change from crochet.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first knitted project! I've been knitting since last June and enjoy it a great deal. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your knitted scarf! I love the colors and you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. We take down all our xmas decs today.. what a job!
    Have a great 2013! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete