Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stash Busting

Here we are half-way through February. I have so many projects in my head that I want to make. I started looking around my basement and my living room and I have a lot of yarn. I have enough for several blankets and then some. I decided to clear out some of it, I always want to make room for more projects and more yarn. I have a bunch of Debbie Stoller's Bamboo Ewe. I love it, but it isn't being made anymore. I am using it up. When the yarn is gone this project will be done.

I like how this is turning out. I started with the granny rectangle pattern and then a row of granny squares. Six granny rows and another row of granny squares. I will continue until I am out of yarn. I really don't know if it will be afghan size or bed size. I am out of purple and yellow. I think the pink and teal will be next to run out. I am really enjoying this one and actually had to use my math brain a bit for it. People who know me well will know what a challenge using my math brain is. I think it looks kind of neat though, and well worth the figuring.
 The other stash buster is for all of my dk yarn. I have a lot of bits and bobs of Stylecraft left over from my Stylin Ripple and I was going to order more. Then I just started making squares with them and pulled out the other dk yarn I have and thought I should make it all up and see what I have before I order anything else. This is the Stlyecraft.
These are a mixed assortment of the other dk yarn.
Put it together and there may be enough for an afghan or blanket.

For once I don't have 10 WIPs either. Just these two and a bag I am doing my best to write a pattern for and make a tutorial for. The bag is simple, the tutorial is a challenge for me. I will have it done sometime this week and it will be for a CAL in the group, Everything Zen, that I help moderate.
 I hope everyone is having a good week and I will talk to everyone soon. :)



17 comments:

  1. Hi Kashi! Your rectangle granny is looking great and I think you can get quite a nice blanket out of your DK scraps. All the greens, blues and yellows will make it very spring-like, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait to see how big it is and if I have to buy more. Be a real shame if I had to buy another Lucy Pack. He he.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love your new blanket, the colours are great. I'll keep an eye out for the new CAL, though I really shouldn't start a new project, I probably have more than 10 on the go (but I haven't dared count).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a hard time writing the tutorial because I keep going to far and forgetting to take photos. I will have the CAL up soon.

      Delete
  3. That rectangle looks so happy - I love the look of that one! And the scraps would be a wonderful patchwork blanket or - what about a Babette??? That would be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the rectangle too, it really changes with every round and it is fun to see how different it is everyday.

      Delete
  4. Your new blanket is really gorgeus. I love how you have arranged the grannys around the rectangle! I can´t wait to see what you will do with all your stash yarn!
    Have a happy Valentines Day Kashi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbina, I am just having fun with these blankets. The rectangle takes a little planning with each granny square round. It is fun though.

      Delete
  5. I'm doing the same thing, just with plain grannies. It's such fun just to reach into the basket and use whatever color comes out!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promised myself that after I get through these piles of stash yarn, I can buy more. Even though there is still a ton of yarn down in my basement. We won't talk about that though.

      Delete
  6. The blanket is amazing. I love the effect the pattern gives. Busting the stash is not happening down here, I keep buying more. Bad influence of the crochet group I joined down here. LOL They keep pointing us to all the bargain buys. As for the Help Moderate comment, I think you are being a bit modest. You are doing a fabulous job of keeping the group going despite the absence of your partner in crime . Thank you lovely. ((((Hugs xoxo))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I wish I had a group I could go to also. I live in a little town out in the country and I would either have to travel to the city or try and start one here and hope someone showed up.
      You know I love our group, I don't worry about anything there, always just having fun with our cool members. Talk to you soon. :)

      Delete
  7. Great blanket! I love all the colors. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with the rest of your stash. Have you joined the Stashbuster Challenge over at Linda's Crafty Corner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I will go check that out. I always like a new blog to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kashi, I hope you had a fab Valentine!s Day. What a gorgeous blanket, I love that you started a rectangle granny, I've never seen that and a great way to use up your stash. I'm trying to stash bust and only use yarn I already have which is loads at the moment. Have a god weekend. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kashi! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award for newer bloggers. I have posted about it on my blog today with questions for you if you want to participate. I know these things aren't for everyone but I really love your blog and wanted to give you an award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kashi...stash busting is beautiful! I love your projects, especially how the colors are working in your rectangle granny. I just finished a blanket and have left over which I am going to use right away to make something out of the leftovers.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete