Sunday, August 24, 2014

Little Red Riding Hood and Autumn's New Blanket

Hello,
 It has been months since I posted. I have been happily busy with my 3rd grader, Brownies and I started a new job. I am still crocheting though. Most of the time I forget to photograph what I have made and give it away. I have some photos on my phone that will not upload to my computer. I don't know why they won't, I have tried several times to put them in my photo gallery.
 Here is a wall hanging I made for the nursery at my last job. I don't know if it is still hanging, I quit about a month after putting it on the wall.
 I took some time off with my daughter this summer. She wanted a new blanket, I have made her three so far. This one has 720 1 inch squares in all different colors. I used the continuous join method in light pink, after joining, each square is 2". If you haven't tried the continuous join, you should. It changed how I do motifs. I think it is awesome. It was a lot of work. I loved making it though.


 The finished blanket is 6' by 7' and fits nicely on her bed. Luckily, this summer has not been very hot and making this blanket was no problem. I used scraps of yarn for the little squares and I still have some left over. I am going to start a ripple with the rest. I vowed a year and a half ago to use up all of the yarn I have. I have been good and haven't bought any, unless it was to finish a project or it was something someone asked me to make for them. I figure that by Christmas I can go yarn shopping again. :)



4 comments:

  1. hello Kashi
    Great to have you back here in blogland and with such a lovely make. I imagine this impressive blanket took you a very long time to make. I still haven't used the continuous join but have bookmarked it as I want to make up bright cushion cover for my grand-daughter's bedroom. I will crochet motifs so it will be handy then.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you again!!!! I have missed your beautiful makes on blogland,oh and your beautiful photos!!!! Love your pretty blanket!!! It's really beautiful!!!! Have a happy week!!!!
    Love
    AMarie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hello. Happy to see you posting again. :-) Love the blanket, its just gorgeous and that wall hanging is very awesome. I would imagine they would have kept it hanging up for the children to enjoy. Have a lovely day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola encantada con tu blog bellos trabajos pero esa manta!!! Caperusita me atrapo es adorable, saludos.

    ReplyDelete