Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday's Tallies

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Sunday started out as any other Sunday. Autumn and I went out for breakfast and then grocery shopping. When we got home my friend called and said she had found the perfect new bed for Autumn. She even offered to go get it and deliver it to my house, which was super nice, it was over an hour away and she got lost on the way out there. She and her husband brought it over that night along with the Baker's Rack (didn't take me long to fill it up) and a new dining room table. The house is still a mess. I have the bed put together and the table put together but there are stacks of things I am getting rid of all over the house. I didn't get Autumn's quilt stitched together, I was working on that when my friend called. It is so close to being done. I will show the whole room, quilt and all, in a couple of days. My poor husband must still be baffled by the way things happen around here. Lol. He works evenings at the hospital and is still asleep when I am making plans like these. He is so good, he never complains. Even when the house looks like this.
I had an upsetting session of frogging. I got the back and sides done on a cardigan I was making for myself. Then I stitched it together. I had thought it was too big, especially when my husband said he thought I was working on another blanket, then when I saw it stitched...argh!

I am 5'9"and about a size 12 or 14. This was working up to be about a 3x or 4x. I like the yarn so I took the thing apart. I had been excited about the cardigan and I have never completely given up a project before.
I have another project in mind already for the yarn and will share it with all of you shortly. I also had to take out a big bunch of the One-a-Day quilt. I had joined some of it by sewing and some by join as you go. I decided to sew the whole thing together because it looks cleaner. I am probably just not very good at the join as you go method. This was my first attempt. I have made progress on the blanket though.

I have 4 rows of 16 squares done. I am thinking 16x18 should be about right. I put it on my bed and it looked wide enough. I only have two more WIP'S to finish if you don't include this. That makes me happy. I have another big project I really want to start and then there is Christmas...
Also, I was kind of excited this morning. I read Attic24 and guessed the right (or wrong) color. I won't say the color, some folks are still guessing, but I was thrilled when I got an email from Miss Lucy telling me I was correct. If for some insane reason you haven't read her blog you need to get over there and read it.

8 comments:

  1. Wow your blanket is huge already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've made loads of progress with your one a day blanket! It's looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your blanket is looking good, it is huge compared to my little one, I think i need to make more squares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't figure out which colour Lucy wasn't happy with!

    Great progress on your One a Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blanket, the lilac is really nice, you've obviously been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blanket is looking great - such a pretty choice of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you are using as well, they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket Is looking good, the jumper looks lovely. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete