Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Project

Hello,
 How is everyone today? After sending off the finished matching sweaters, I am free to work on some of my other projects without feeling guilty. I started a sweater for myself this summer and after one row stopped myself because I was out of control and had something like 10 projects going at once. I have been working on becoming more disciplined. I always finish them, but it would take forever. So, now I am working on my sweater. Yeah! I got the pattern from Caron yarn and it is called a Penny Arcade Jacket. I got pretty far in the hour I let myself work on it today. The yarn is called Impeccable and is from Michael's store here in the States. I like it because it is acryllic and washable, but so soft and not too expensive. When I stopped working on that I made dinner and then gave myself an hour to work on my One A Day project. I need to figure out how to link and I will try to link the One A Day 
group over at Raverly to my blog.  The premise of the group is to pick a large project and work on one part of it everyday. Like one square or stripe of a blanket. Alice from Crochet With Raymond is one of the coordinators of the group and it is her pattern for her Gypsy Caravan Blanket that I am making. I am still on leave from work and have time to work on the squares for an hour a day. So for the time being my One A Day is an hour and not one square. I should be going back to work in a few weeks and will then most likely be lucky to get one square in each day.
 When I sat down to work on the squares and pulled out my project book, I had to laugh. I had not noticed that the blanket squares look very much like the book. I guess it is obvious what colors and designs I like. The notebook has exactly the same colors in it and I couldn't have made a pattern to look more like the design on the book if I had written the pattern myself. I need 224 squares and I have 15. Lots of work left.  My little one is ready for a bath and then we will read a story and get ready for bed. I hope everyone has a lovely evening and a wonderful day tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. love the colours in your squares it is amazing that they resemble your notebook. Have you visited the Flower Bed blog? http://theflowerbed-shr.blogspot.com/ it has loads of colourful crocheted flowers and blankets on there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've popped over from OaD,your granny squares look fab,great colours. I look forward to joining in next week. Deb xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your squares are lovely and you're right, so like your book cover it's uncanny! I like that you were out of control with your projects, I sometimes feel I have so much on I don't do anything so the one a day is such a good idea for me

    ReplyDelete