Sunday, August 19, 2012

Year Of Projects Update, Japanese Flower Scarf

 2Yopfloral.jpg




Hello,
 How has everyone been this week? I love these groups that keep me motivated. I have 13 things left on my list, and this one is more than half way done. I have been crocheting up a storm. I have finished another strip of 20 squares for my Granny Love Blanket, I made a ripple. The ripple was a gift, but it was also a test run for some Christmas presents. I made 11 more flowers for my Japanese Flower Scarf. Here it is.
I really love this project. The flowers take longer to make than a granny square does, but I love the yarn and colors so much that it is really nice to work on.


I have decided to put 12  flowers on top and make it 12, 13, 12, instead of the traditional shawl shape that most people make. It will be more of a wrap than a scarf. I am using Debbie Bliss Andes. It is such nice yarn. Definitely the nicest yarn I have ever bought. I hope to finish it this week. I should not have a problem getting it done though. Blocking this will require a lot of pins. Lol. Better make sure I have some. This group is part of The Second Year of Projects with the Come Blog Along group on Ravelry. If you are a crocheter or knitter and don't know about Ravelry, you are really missing out on a cool thing. Go check it out and see what everyone else is working on. I will talk to everyone soon. Have a great Sunday.


16 comments:

  1. Love the flower motif. Looks so light and lacy assembled like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your flower scarf, its so bright and cheerful, I really like it. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and yes your right its nice to see the children grow and mature, its just a mama tears saying goodbye to the baby years and seeing them move on lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look great, and I'm sure the scarf or shawl will be wonderful when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Japanese flowers look lovely, what pretty colours and a great project....I made a flower scarf last year for my mil, it was a lovely project to work on.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are so pretty and lovely colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Your pattern and the cheery colored yarns you are using. You crocheters are going to be the death of me as I sense I may need to learn how! My son saw me watching an online video about how to crochet an edge to a knitted blanket and he blurted out, "Are you going to learn to crochet now too???" :) I didn't even know he paid much attention to what all I did-at age 17 he has quite the busy life of his own....but we are always being watched!
    *smiles and cheer*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love! The only problem about seeing everyone's projects is that MY project list is growing by leaps and bounds now! LOL! I love your colors and now I want to make one of these too. Gorgeous! I agree about the group....it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah..hopefully I'll get to see the japanese flower project finished soon..(no pressure or anything!)..I've been waiting to see how it turns out to see if I can make one for myself..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are coming along nicely. I love all the beautiful colors - definitely a spring-inspired piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh the flowers are so beautiful, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers are lovely! Great colors! So springlike,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Japanese flower scarf is looking great. Good for you for completing a project and working to complete your YOP list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty you might not need pins at all. Looks like it's laying nicely. Maybe when it's wet just smooth it out with your hands.. tug a bit where you need it and let it dry. I have good luck with my afghans doing that vs pinning them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Took me 4 tries with those captcha's. You know since you're approving comments anyway, you really don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, I will take the capcha off. I had put it back on since some of my comments were vanishing completely, but I think the problem has been fixed. I hate trying to figure out the letters.

      Delete