Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I love the start of a new year. I don't make any resolutions or anything like that. I do usually start a new project though. A couple of days ago I saw a post on Facebook about a CAL that was starting for a Mood Blanket. I was intrigued. Then a group started on Ravelry for the the same blanket. It is also on Instagram, for some reason I can only access Instagram on my phone, so I joined the FB group and the Ravelry group. The idea is to make a square or stripe in a color that suits your mood each day in 2014. I love it. Some people are assigning colors to moods and some are picking out colors each day depending on their mood at the time. That is what I am going to do. I spent a few hours on Ravelry and Pinterest last night looking at lots of squares and motifs. I woke up this morning and made my coffee and looked through a few motif books I have. Then I chose Pale Plum (Redheart) and mixed a couple of motifs. This is the square I will make for 360 days, the last 5 days will be spent on the border.
This will be fun and I won't get bored. It only took a few minutes and it won't take away time from my other projects. I am not sure what join method I will use yet, there is plenty of time for that. Here are the links to the CALs. Crochet Mood Blanket on Ravelry. Crochet Mood Blanket on Facebook. There are almost 700 members on the Facebook site already. Just ask to join and they will hook you up.
 I spent some time on a new blanket yesterday. This is my version of a mixed stitch blanket. I am having fun deciding what to do next with each row.

 Last week Autumn spent Christmas Eve day with one of her best friends and she asked if I would make her something for her Christmas gift. Autumn picked out the colors and told me she wanted me to make a striped hat and scarf for her friend.
Her friend has a pink coat, most of the girls here do, and she wore the set that night to church.
So far my year has started out nicely. It is snowing and it is so pretty and cosy. I am not going out in it, I can't get my cast wet, but I will spend this nice New Year's Day cooking and working on projects. 

5 comments:

  1. That CAL sounds fun. I love the pink and green hat and scarf.. I used those two colors for a sweater I made for my very first grandchild - a girl of course!

    Have a great 2014! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!

    I am going to aim to make one square per week, as that is all my schedule will probably allow. But will make each a decent size so that hopefully by next Christmas I will have enough for a lap blanket.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kashi, Sounds like a really fun project and easy enough to keep up with!!!! Will definately go and check it out!!! Although I have already missed the first week - a very happy week for me, I can catch up easily!!! Love the pink and green hat and scarf set!!!! Gorgeous!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat and scarf set. The color combination is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I have been out of blogland for a while and even took myself off facebook a couple of weeks ago (will probably join back in a little while but am enjoying my mostly offline time right now). The mood blanket sounds like a great idea. I have a blanket CAL on the go from last year that I never quite finished. Became a little bit tedious in the end but the squares were quite big and odd sizes and I think my ordered brain was having a little flip out at the thought of it all. A bit like the time I tried freeform. haha. Must try and finish it at some stage. The little hat and scarf are adorable. Very pretty colours together. Hope you are well and happy. Hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete